Thursday, August 12, 2010

Of Backpacks and Backaches...

Hello Everybody!

It's me, Oliver, and if you recall, recently I talked to you about school supplies and what a burden they can be. Today, I'd like to talk to you about a different KIND of burden. A physical one, actually. I'm talking about the incredible amount of weight that our kids put into their backpacks these days. Why on Earth do some children feel it necessary to load their backpacks with everything but the kitchen sink? If I didn't know otherwise, I would swear my 9 year old comes home from school looking like he just spent a week hiking in the Himalayas. I try to tell him that his math books will not self destruct if he left them in his locker overnight but to no avail. He insists, (and apparently most of his classmates do this too), on bringing home every day, 3-4 textbooks, 2 notebooks, his leftover lunch, baseball glove, 4 Snickers bars, and 5-6 Watermelon-size ROCKS ("really cool ones!") that he found in the school yard. I have no idea HOW they survive the walk from the bus to the house but somehow they do.

As my pleas have fallen on deaf ears, I've decided to live by the credo- "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and so I look for the most durable backpacks on the market; backpacks that can withstand the rigors of my children's payload. That's why I go to my favorite discount store where you'll find the most incredible selection of quality school backpacks and rolling backpacks on the web. Plus, with options such as Batman, Elmo, Spiderman, Hello Kitty, Disnes Princess and Tinkerbell, there is a bookbag for every child. Stop by today and see why OrangeOnions is the number one place to go for school backpacks!



Surgeon General's Warning: Carrying more than 800 lbs in a backpack can cause minor discomfort.

Until next time,
Overloaded Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment